In the past months, we received some reports from players who received a Code 3 Error while trying to play using a mobile data network, and having a 0MB patch download.
The app can’t be played on mobile data and eventually when they get back a Wi-Fi network, they have to redownload 1GB files.
We figured that all the users who reported this problem are using the carrier "Cricket" in North America. However we are not sure why this happens with this particular carrier.
Having researched online, there are multiple reports with this carrier of Internet access issues, and SMS/MMS problems.
The problem could come from the APN settings, so we’d suggest to try the following:
1. Reset the APN
– Go to your phone ‘Settings’ menu
– then ‘Connections’ or the menu to manage wifi, mobile networks, etc
– then ‘Mobile Networks’
– once there, you should have a menu ‘Access Point Names’ or ‘APN’
– enter this menu, you may have more than one APN displayed. Top right or else you should have an option to ‘Reset to default’
– Reset and restart the phone
– try to launch Arcane Online using mobile data again.
2. Check the APN configuration
– If it doesn’t work, please check the details of the APN settings
– According to our research, here are the settings you should have
Proxy: Not Required
Port: Not Required
Username: Not Required
Password: Not Required
Server: Not Required
MMS proxy: proxy.Cricketwireless.net
MMS port: 80
Authentication type: Not Required
3. Turn Off Wifi
– If it still doesn’t work, try to Turn Off the Wifi network when you try to connect via mobile
– If none of this work, or if something works, please contact us 🙂