Note: For Apple Users, this release will show as version 1.173 in the App Store. Last updated: May 7, 2021 Release notes may be posted before the release is available to all players. Please check your app store for the latest version of Pokémon GO available to you.
- Audio and SFX sliders have been added to the game to allow Trainers to customize their audio experience.
- Trainers can now generate referral links directly from the app to share.
- Added various improvements to make the Pokédex experience smoother and more intuitive.
GO Battle League
- Fixed an issue in GO Battle League where swapping Pokémon sometimes resulted in showing the wrong Pokémon.
- Added mitigation to stop Trainers from being able to quit a GO Battle League match after seeing their opponent and being able to re-queue.
- Fixed an issue where the Premier Poké Ball would get stuck in the air during a Remote Raid encounter.
- Fixed a bug where the Trainers from a previous Raid lobby showed in the current Raid lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the “Previous Level Activity” Raid statistics are incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where Pokéstops and Gyms were not appearing in India.
- Fixed an issue with where event Pokémon were not appearing as frequently in Berlin.
- Fixed an issue with text displaying on the Friends List in German.
General Quality of Life
- Fixed an issue where, after the Trainer selects ‘Maybe Later’ in response to the game asking if they want to enable Adventure Sync, the game displays an incorrect message stating that Adventure Sync is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where roads were not loading for some Trainers.
- Fixed an issue where viewing the details of a Gym sometimes locked the Trainer’s screen.
- Fixed an issue where the game sometimes froze for a few seconds during an encounter after Incense was used.
- Fixed an issue where Trainers who had accounts in 2016 were continuously presented with the tutorial welcome screen.
- Mitigated an issue where the Poké Ball would hang in the air during an AR+ encounter for some Samsung phones.
- Added mitigation for the wrong event information showing in Event Tickets.
- Fixed an issue where Trainers were able to incubate Eggs even if their Pokémon storage was full.
- Fixed an issue where some images and characters were blurry on newer iOS devices.
- Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash when a Trainer appraised a Pokémon with over four emojis in the Pokémon’s nickname.
- Fixed an issue where selecting a Pokémon’s evolution in the Pokédex sometimes directs to the wrong Pokémon.
- Fixed an issue where Trainers would see empty bubbles after receiving ten rewards from their Adventure Sync.
- Fixed an issue where the Trainer would see an empty field for a few seconds after re-installing and opening the game.
- Fixed an issue where New Years 2021 Pikachu was not appearing in the Buddy AR+ Play interaction.
- Fixed an issue where when a Trainer has over two billion experience, their experience would show as negative.
- Fixed an issue where the Research binoculars icon would sometimes highlight orange when a Referral milestone had been completed.
- Once a Trainer has selected “Charge Now” on the Pokémon Home page, an option to back out has been added.
- Added Android back button functionality to Mass Transfer confirmation and Private Group Raid Lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the Fairy filter is still applied after using the filter to select Pokémon to transfer.
Pokémon GO Game GUIDE