Note: For Apple Users, this release will show as version 1.187 in the App Store.
Last updated: 10/7/21
Release notes may be posted before the release is available to all Trainers. Please check your app store for the latest version of Pokémon GO available to you.
- AR safety pop-up will now only appear before the first AR session instead of every AR session.
- Trainers can now zoom in and out of avatar outfits in Shop.
- Darkened background color on some text pop-ups to increase legibility.
- Reduced time to load Pokédex.
- Trainers who have a device that does not have a gyroscope can evolve Inkay without its unique evolution method.
- Resized Lure Module text in Japanese and Chinese to be more legible.
- Fixed bug causing Pokémon search icon text to break up incorrectly.
- Fixed bug showing gifts from friends who did not send a gift.
- Fixed bug causing Falinks to appear too large as a Raid boss during Raid battles.
- Fixed bug causing buddy Pokémon to disappear from map after being evolved.
- Fixed bug stopping Pokémon, Pokéstops, and other items from loading after backgrounding the app while walking.
- Fixed evolution bug where evolved Pokémon cut off on the Pokémon detail page and evolution screen.
- Fixed bug removing the shiny icon from evolved Pokémon on the Pokémon detail page of the Pokédex.
- Fixed bug causing contact list import pop-up to appear during combat.
- Fixed bug causing some buddy Pokémon to start at a walking distance lower than zero.
- Costumed Raid Boss Pokémon will retain costume even if caught after the end of a special event.
- Fixed bug stopping Adventure Sync from tracking distance walked for buddy candies and egg walking requirements.
- Fixed bug causing double XP gained while using a Lucky Egg to appear as standard XP amount.
- Fixed bug locking Trainers out of their account after evolving their buddy.
Pokémon GO Game GUIDE